The DEC Executive Board is seeking nominations for two Executive Board positions starting July 1, 2019.
Board Member Responsibilities:
The DEC Executive Board utilizes a structure of Policy Governance. The DEC Executive Board focuses their time and effort on ensuring accountability of the organization to fulfill its organizational purposes. All DEC Executive Board members contribute a minimum of 100 hours of their time annually and commit to the following responsibilities.
1. Linking with DEC members to get and give information so the Board can best represent DEC members, and members can be well informed about the Board’s work.
2. Establishing written policies that reflect DEC’s mission and values and serve to guide strategically the direction of the organization, manage organizational risk, and meet the board’s fiduciary responsibility.
3. Monitoring policies to ensure identified outcomes are being achieved and organizational risk is minimized.
Additional Board responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following activities.
2. Attending all Board meetings and other required activities at the DEC and CEC annual conferences (approximately 7 days a year). Serving on Board committees.
3. Acting as a liaison for DEC initiatives as assigned (special interest groups, commissions etc…)
View the Full Call for Nominations
Download the 2019 Board Nominations Packet
For questions and/or clarifications email email@example.com .