Call for Recommended Practices Committee Members
The DEC Recommended Practices Committee (RPC) is recruiting new members. You’re invited to take this opportunity to be an engaged and active member of DEC! The purpose of the DEC Recommended Practices Committee is to continue the work begun by the DEC Recommended Practices Commission in 2013. The original Commission oversaw the revision of the DEC Recommended Practices in 2014. In 2018, the name of the DEC Recommended Practices Commission was changed to DEC Recommended Practices Committee to align with the DEC organizational restructure, however the mission remains the same.
The committee is seeking applicants for the following committee roles:
• One member who is an early childhood special education practitioner working with 3–5-year-olds.
• One member who works in a general early childhood education setting.
• One member who is a family member of a child who is receiving, or has recently received, early intervention or early childhood special education services.
• One member who is an administrator at the local, state, or federal level in either early intervention or early childhood special education.
• Two members who are early intervention/early childhood special education researchers.
Members representative of the diversity of DEC’s membership, including race, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, age, and disability, are encouraged to apply. We also encourage diversity across roles including family members, doctoral students, technical assistance (TA) providers, PD providers, and higher education faculty. We invite those who are interested to take this opportunity to become an engaged and active leader within DEC!
Download the full Call for Members below. Apply by Tuesday, June 1st, 2021 for consideration. Complete the application here.