Pre-3 CONNECT: An Evidence-Based Practice Approach to Professional Development
CONNECT is a national project funded by the U.S Department of Education to develop online modules for early childhood faculty and professional development (PD) providers.This is a workshop designed for faculty, professional development providers, administrators, supervisors, and mentors. Come learn about and apply an innovative clinical teaching approach and free, web-based resources into your upcoming courses, seminars and PD events to support inclusion.
You will learn about specific practices - embedded interventions, transition practices, communication for collaboration, family-professional partnerships, dialogic reading, and tiered instruction. Expect presentations and small group work...so bring your computers!
| “I’d like to mention that the CONNECT resources and modules are incredibly valuable for those of us who provide statewide in-service training and technical assistance to practicing EI professionals. The 5-Step Learning Cycle/problem solving framework supports group application of content. We plan to use this same framework in our Children with Complex Needs Initiative trainings and online coursework in 2012-13.” - Heidi Wettlaufer (Pennsylvania Technical Assistance Network)
“The module was useful to both me and my students. The students appreciated the video clips and the handouts. I liked the ease of the modules, and that it was all at my fingertips. The information
shared is critical for early childhood preservice teachers to know.” - Cindy Ryan, Instructor, Department of Education, University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Become familiar with FREE online modules and resources that can be easily infused into existing professional development (PD) efforts.
- Learn an instructional design sequence for PD that supports the close coupling of clinical practice and content and aids in building critical thinking and evidence-based decisions in learners.
- Learn about different ways that the modules have been implemented in PD settings (e.g., coursework, seminars, and others).
- Develop a plan for embedding the module resources into upcoming PD coursework, seminars and other contexts in which they have responsibility
- Join an online community of faculty and PD providers who are using CONNECT modules for ongoing sharing and PD curricula development
Top 3 reasons why you should attend this workshop:
1) You would like to learn about and apply an innovative clinical teaching approach and free, web-based resources into your upcoming courses, seminars and PD events.
2) Other faculty and PD providers are raving about the quality, relevance and usefulness of CONNECT Modules
3) You are looking for evidence-based practice resources and want to know how to best organize your professional development opportunities around early childhood inclusion.
To register for this workshop click here.
Find out more about CONNECT Modules: http://community.fpg.unc.edu